Femaura have a Signing Club that runs every Thursday, 6pm – 8pm. It is an alternative to Deaf Club in London but accept any deaf or hearing people who wish to practise BSL and make friends with others.
This is well-established addition to our course portfolio and allows opportunity for signers of all levels to practice their skill in a fun, informal and non-judgmental environment. It is great to learn as well!
In this setting, individuals are exposed to a range of levels and variation of topics week by week. From those of you who need to enrich the skills you have – for an exam or assessment – or, for those of you who want to build your confidence in a warm and safe environment with like-minded people.
This is a place where you can ask for tips, clarify signs/vocabulary, reinforce your practice and enjoy the experience of meeting others at the same time.
To express your interest, we recommend attendees register on www.meetup.com/London-Deaf-and-Sign-Club where weekly reminders and topics will be posted.
Our Sign Club has existed since 2011, and transform many sign language learners since they gain extra knowledge from us, and helped them to pass their sign language courses.
We recommends any complete beginner to join our BSL courses before they can participate in sign club as everyone will use sign language.
It would be not in practice if someone who come know no sign language and would panic if they do not understand anyone is saying. Someone who know some sign language or already on BSL Level 1 would be sufficient to join this club.
Dates of Sign Club (March – April 2018)
- Monday 26th February 2018 (6pm to 8pm)
- Thursday 1st March 2018 (No Sign Club – closed)
- Thursday 8th March 2018 (6pm to 8pm)
- Thursday 15th March 2018 (6pm to 8pm)
- Thursday 22nd March 2018 (6pm to 8pm)
- Monday 26th March (6pm to 8pm)
- Thursday 29th March 2018 (6pm to 8pm)
- Thursday 5th April 2018 (6pm to 8pm)
- Thursday 12th April 2018 (6pm to 8pm)
- Thursday 19th April 2018 (6pm to 8pm)
- Thursday 26th April 2018 (6pm to 8pm)
- Monday 30th April 2018 (6pm to 8pm)