British Sign Language Level 1 course
This course is suitable for people who wish to embark on their British Sign Language learning journey.
This course should be interest to whom who have hearing aids, or had cochlear implanation, or whom who interested in makaton but want to learn more vocabulary, or who simple want to learn sign langauge.
Femaura’s BSL Level 1 will be teaching a range of essential vocabulary at beginners level covering:
- Greetings and how to approach a Deaf person People, animals and objects Transport, getting around and directions, Hobbies and interests, Work and education And much more…..
You are required to undertake four assessments; two for productive, one for receptive and one dialogue. If you are unsuccessful for any of the assessments, you can retake them.
How will Femaura teach the course and am I required to complete homework?
You will be taught through a number of activities such as group activities and demonstrations. All resources are provided so you don’t need to bring anything with you. Homework will be given and you will receive feedback on both class work and homework in BSL.
What will I achieve at the end of the course?
You will be able to use (productive), understand (receptive) and express (dialogue) words in British Sign Language. Additionally, you will be able to give and advise a simple instruction. learners an opportunity to experience British Sign Language and what is like to communicate with Deaf people using very simple phrases. It’s a five day course delivered over five weeks during which learners can informally have a taster in an enjoyable and relaxed atmosphere.
At the end of the course learners ought to:
- Be able to understand and to communicate using basic information when meeting people
- Understand what is like to meet deaf people and how to respond to deaf people using questions
- Know the alphabet and basic numbers
- Understand how to discuss the weather, transport and ask for and give directions.
- Know some fun vocabulary to integrate with Deaf people
If dates are not suitable please contact Femaura for One to One Coaching / private tutorials session with Deaf teachers.