POSITION: FEMALE BSL CARE WORKER WANTED FOR A DEAF FEMALE – ISLINGTON
RESPONSIBLE TO: REGISTERED MANAGER/PA
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
SALARY: PAO – Contact Femaura
Applicants are required to:
- Encourage and assist the client to remain active in her local community/wider community
- Encourage independence and improve quality of life
- Provide consistent domestic and personal care with enthusiasm, compassion and empathy
- Provide social contact – communicating in British Sign Language
- Carry out all tasks in a way that demonstrates respect for the privacy and dignity and irrespective of disability or personal circumstances.
- Display professionalism, confidentiality and integrity at the highest standard
- Have a current enhanced DBS/CRB
- Personal Care –
- Assistance in/out of bed, chairs etc. – if required
- Assistance (un)dressing – if required
- Personal hygiene, i.e. washing, bathing, showering etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of her home – regular household duties such as cleaning, washing up and laundry, rubbish disposal, etc.
- Shopping for groceries, food and essentials – including picking up prescriptions/medication
- Food, drink and menu preparation for following days
- Putting down cat food and water/change litter tray when necessary
- Accompany the client to GP/Hospital appointments, shopping, sight seeing, social events/activities, business meetings and conferences, parks and trips out of the local area
- Provide interaction, without prejudice, in British Sign Language – promoting discussion and sharing of information
- Provide clarification/translation of correspondence including possible contact with third parties on client’s behalf.
- Assist the client to maintain good relationships with other personnel involved in her care i.e. Community Nurses, Social Workers, G.P’s
Qualification and Experience
Essential – Experience in Care domain
Desirable – Qualification in Health & Social Care